15 October 2010

..... astonishing

ladies and gentlemen..... the semester is officially HALF WAY OVER!!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!

my first semester back off the mission hasn't been as bad as i thought however, that doesn't mean im not having issues. but one of the biggest things i've learned so far this year is that... i cannot be afraid to be myself. it doesn't matter if thats not who i was 2 years ago, or if that wasnt who i was six months ago...i must be me-- who i am right here, right now.

and that my friends, is a very hard thing to be. (especially if you dont know who you are). hm...... all i can think of is a song from the musical 'little women' (L-O-V-E it! which means i love it so much i will spell out the word love) anyways, its called 'astonishing'.... here it goes:

I thought home was all I'd ever want
My attic all I'd ever need.
Now nothing feels the way it was before
And I don't know how to proceed.
I only know I'm meant for something more
I've got to know if I can be
Astonishing

There's a life
That I am meant to lead
A life like nothing I have known
I can feel it
And it's far from here
I've got to find it on my own

Even now I feel it's heat upon my skin.
A life of passion that pulls me from within,
A life that I am making to begin.
There must be somewhere I can be
Astonishing
Astonishing

I'll find my way
I'll find it far away
I'll find it in unexpected and unknown
I'll find my life in my own way
Today

Here I go
And there's no turning back
My great adventure has begun
I may be small
But I've got giant plans
To shine as greatly as the sun

I will blaze until I find my time and place
I will be fearless,
Surrendering modesty and grace
I will not disappear without a trace
I'll shout and start a riot
Be anything but quiet
Christopher Columbus
I'll be Astonishing
Astonishing
Astonishing

At Last

hm... not what i had planned on writing for this blog....interesting.......but i gotta go.... its time to be astonishing! :)

No comments: