04 October 2012

the ultimate october challenge!

Lights out, my teddy bear in my arms, alarms set, prayers said and just as I'm finishing up contemplating my day I got fired up. 

I decided something the other day. I'm tired of the way I've been living life.  I've been living safe. I've gladly stayed in my comfort zone, surrounded by my security blankets.  Despite my willingness to stay, I'm not happy.  Why? Well let's look at this lovely graph I found on the internet..... 



You see that? Yeah.  I've been missing the magic.  And I'm never going to be able to make magic unless I first get outside MY comfort zone.  I can't ask anyone else to make magic if I can't even make it myself.  Cue awesome Glee rendition of a Michael Jackson hit-- 


So I'm starting with the "man" in the mirror.  Since I always thrive off of doing "challenges", I made up one for the month of October. Combine the scariest month of the year with Eleanor Roosevelt and you get this month's challenge: 


Pretty clever right? Well, I'm excited about this.  No, I'm gonna be honest, I'm nervous.  I'm scared because I'm gonna have to do scary things.  Things that aren't naturally scary but they take me out of my comfort zone.  I've already done some things in these first three days of October....
 1. I turned down a job offer. 
 2. I'm giving up ALL TV and movies.... trust me, these are my BIGGEST security blankets but its time to shed them off.
3. I knocked on doors past 8:00pm (for my current job. I canvass alright?)

So here's to tomorrow and the other 27 days of October where I'm stretching myself beyond my comfort zone so I can make some MAGIC! Cue one last cheesy quote with a cheesy "inspirational" background and I'm for reals going to bed. 







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay. I really like this. Now I am going to do something out of my comf zone.

Patti said...

Good for you! I'm excited to see the magic happen Corrine, and I'm going to take a look in my own mirror.