17 February 2011

.... miracles

so my darling BEST FRIEND of ELEVEN YEARS, rachel elizabeth weatherspoon had her baby yesterday!!! AHHH!!!!!!! i cannot believe that the girl, who i've known for so long is finally a mommy! YAY!!!

this 'miracle of life' falls perfectly into the many other MIRACLES
that have been happening in my life lately. this sudden influx of these tender mercies has caused me to question:

?what makes them happen? ?why don't we look for them more often?

?are they really happening more or was i just not looking hard enough?

?even if something doesn't work out, can it still count as a miracle?

?why have i been so blessed to have all these miracles?

so yeah, loads of questions. well, i'll start by telling you that i quickly learned on my mission that no miracle is too small! I started using my journal as a sort of "miracle journal" where every night before i turn off the light and curl up with my teddy bear, i write down all the miracles that happened that day (aka, all the times i saw god's hand that day). and you know what???? MIRACLES ARE HAPPENING EVERY MINUTE!! this has been such an uplifting experience in my life.

why do miracles happen? because of faith. plain and simple, but sometimes, it isn't my faith. so many times i write down things in my journal that were probably the result of someone else's prayer. and i was able to be that instrument in the lord's hand to help a miracle come about. and of course, there are then the miracles that happen because of my faith.

one of my favorite stories in the new testament comes when christ is healing the sick (i know, no shocker there) and a man comes to christ with his sick son. the man informs jesus that this boy is their only child and he wants his help. christ asks the man if he believes. the man replies 'ya lord'. jesus pauses, probably gives him a look that says 'are you sure?' and then the man replies: 'help thou my unbelief' WHOA! i've been saying that to the lord ALL SEMESTER! i don't know how some things will turn out but i turn to the lord and say 'help thou my unbelief because i really need these miracles'.

im grateful for a heavenly father who is constantly trying to find ways to bless me, and ive so grateful for a savior who makes those miracles possible (cause without him, there is not way i'd ever be worthy of them).




No comments: